Bread: Usually found at the top of most peoples Shopping list, we really are a nation who cant seem to live without it. When I tell people what I cant have when I go strict Paleo they are usually in shock & think I live on a chicken fillet and some lettuce, just because I cant go out and buy these simple products off a shelf doesn’t mean I cant make them.
I can, we all can-We just need to spend some extra time in the Kitchen, some extra time preparing and some extra time cooking, our bodies will thank us for it in the long run!!
- 2 Brown spotty Bananas
- Half a cup of sunflower seeds
- Half a cup of flaked almonds
- half a cup of shelled hempseed
- One third cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 Cup of almond Flour
- Splash of water
- One quarter cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- One third cup of ground flaxseed
- Preheat your Oven at 200 C
- In the order above add each ingredient to your blender & blend each time you add each one. (If you wanted a more sweet bread add more maple syrup/honey)
- When you get a nice dough pour it in to a large mixing bowl and mix by hand to ensure it is smooth all the way through.
- Grease a bread tin with coconut oil and pour mixture in and with the back of a spoon smooth out the top, I sprinkled some flaked almonds on top to decorate.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 mins, I covered with tinfoil half way through so the top didn’t burn.
- When its done, leave it to cool and try not to eat it all in one sitting lol!!
Spread with Honey, Almond/Cashew Butter/ Tahini/Coconut Oil or your own favourite topping 🙂