When I follow a diet I always do really well during the week but as the weekend slowly creeps up my will power becomes weaker and all I want to do is eat everything I’m not supposed to.
I came up with this recipe to try keep myself on track when I have those weaker moments- this is my interpretation of goujons and chips but it is within the guidelines of Paleo (if you are allowing yourself sweet potato)
2 free range chicken fillets
1 cup of Almond flour
2 teaspoons of Chipotle chilli powder
Sweet Potato Wedges:
2 Medium sized Sweet Potato
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- Cut your chicken fillets in to strips, not too thin! You can usually get 3-4 strips per fillets depending on the size.
- You will need 2 bowls- In the 1st bowl break 2 eggs and whisk until it has all combined & in the 2nd bowl put you almond flour, spice(I used chipotle but paprika also works well) & black pepper and mix until even.
- Now its time to get your hands dirty: Dip each strip in to the egg & then in to the flour until the chicken is evenly coated. Place each one into an oven dish and put to one side while you make your wedges.
- It can be quite hard to make sweet potato wedges but I have found that the trick is to keep them as big as possible.
- Chop the Sweet potato in to big wedges and put in a large bowl.
- Add a few glugs of Olive Oil until the wedges are fully coated.
- Add lots of Black Pepper & Sea Salt-Don’t be shy!! and 1 tablespoon of paprika
- Mix everything around with your hands & put the wedges on a tray.
Put both in the oven for about 25 mins- the wedges should be as crispy as possible so turn them half way through. They will be ready around the same time, but keep an eye on them as sometimes the dippers can cook quickly!!
Serve with home-made relish and there you go-This will leave your brain thinking you’ve had a cheat meal 🙂 🙂