When most of us think of Hemp- We think of marijuna & hippies!
However these wonderful seeds have numerous benefits that we all require daily.
While a bag of shelled hemp seeds cost about €7, you can also find hemp milk and hemp butter etc which will also give you some benefits but not as high as the seeds- so it is €7 well spent in my eyes!
Here I will list some of the benefits of Hemp Seeds & why should all include it in our diets.
- A high protein seed containing all nine of the essential amino acids.
- A complete Protein in itself with 10.5g of Protein per 30g/1oz serving. A great alternative Protein source to supplement any diet.
- Increases energy levels & metabolic rate
- Can help to improve your memory, and may prevent diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Can also help to improve your moods, reduce symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress levels.
- Lowers your cholesterol
- Reduces high blood pressure
- A perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 and Omega-3 for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune system.
- High in fiber to help keep your digestive tract clean and healthy.
- Rich in disease-fighting, plant-based phytonutrients and anti-aging antioxidants such as vitamin E.
- A natural appetite suppressant, that helps you to feel full longer.
That is only some of the Benefits of this wonderful Superfood- It does not get you high but will certainly leave with a happy body and a happy mind!
There are many ways to include hemp seed in to your diet: All you need is 2 tablespoons & you can use these in Smoothies, Salads, Soups, Stir-Fries etc
Below is a smoothie I made this morning using hemp seed:
1 Cup of Mixed Berries
Handful of Grapes
1 Teaspoon of Manuka Honey
Sachet of Wheatgrass
2 Tablespoons of Hemp Seed
Teaspoon of Coconut oil