This is a recipe I came across in easy food magazine. Its been awhile since I made a vegetarian meal, even through the process I went back & forth deciding if I was going to add Chicken or not, In the end I decided to follow the recipe as it was and went for the vegetarian option.
This is a very fresh and zesty dish using a fusion of all natural ingredients. The smells and colours of the produce used are simply beautiful. I used rice noodles which are gluten and fat free.
- 320g Rice Noodles
- 2 red onions sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 2 inch cubed piece of ginger
- 1 fresh chilli finely chopped (leave seeds if you like it hot)
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 150g sugar snaps
- 150g beansprouts
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- fresh coriander to garnish
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of 2 limes
1. Boil the kettle and put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5-6 mins. Once cooked drain & rinse with cold water and put to one side until you’re ready to use them.
2.Saute the onion, garlic, ginger,lemongrass & chilli for 10mins on a high heat until the onion starts to become translucent and you get the beautiful smells from the produce. Add a drop of water to prevent burning or sticking.
3.Add red & yellow peppers and fry for a bit longer (about 5 mins)
4. Mix the sauce up, keep stirring until all the flavours are combined.
5. Add sugar snaps, bean sprouts, noodles & the sauce.
6. Keep mixing until all the veg is evenly combined through the noodles and everything has heated up. The veg should be very crunchy so don’t cook for too long.
7. Put the mix in to a bowl and garnish with sesame seeds & coriander.
8. Enjoy 🙂 🙂
If you would like to add chicken add the chicken in part 2, I think this could also be enjoyed cold as a lunch dish.