This meal is so good it will have you thinking you’ve been transported to Morocco…………
Ok I lied- you looked out your window & it’s raining!! BUT I can promise you this recipe is rich in flavours & spices, the lemons add a fresh summery taste and combined with the spices this dish will have your tastebuds dancing, you may even break into song- Don’t say I didn’t warn you 🙂 🙂
- 6-8 Free Range Chicken Portions
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 1/2 pack Green Olives-halved
- 1 White Onion-thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves-Crushed
- 2 Lemons-Cut one into wedges & juice the other
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1. To make the sauce- Add a dash of Olive Oil to a pan, then add sliced onions, salt & pepper-Cook until they are translucent.
2. Stir in garlic, paprika, cumin and ginger add a splash of water and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in Chicken stock & lemon juice and cook on a low heat, stirring it every few minutes. Leave this to simmer.
4. In a glass oven dish add the chicken pieces, salt & pepper and a good splash of olive oil-Put the chicken in the oven for 10-15 mins until it get a golden skin (Make sure to baste the chicken halfway through)
5. When the Chicken is done take it out and pour the sauce over covering the bottom of the dish & half way up the Chicken, Add the lemon wedges and olives – cook for a further 15 mins.
6. When the chicken is nearly done make the buttered spinach, Melt butter in a pot & add a few large handfuls of spinach, it will wilt in less than a minute-Take it out as soon as this happens so it doesn’t burn.
7. To serve add some of the spinach to a bowl, 2 chicken pieces and garnish with coriander leaves.
Get Ready for your tastebuds to have a Moroccan rave 🙂