Some random facts about Carrots:
- Carrots are the second most popular type of vegetable after potatoes
- Carrots are about 87% water.
- Carrots are a root vegetable that originated in Afghanistan. They were purple, red, white, and yellow, but never orange.
- In the 16th century, Dutch carrot growers invented the orange carrot in honor of the House of Orange, the Dutch Royal Family. They did this by cross breeding pale yellow carrots with red carrots.
- Eating too many carrots can cause a person’s skin to turn orange.
- Mel Blanc, the voice of the iconic cartoon character Bugs Bunny, reportedly did not like carrots.
- Unlike most vegetables, carrots are more nutritious when eaten cooked than eaten raw.
- Carrots will not help you to see in the dark (Dammit)
All that information can make you Hungry, So lets get cooking 🙂 🙂
- 700g carrots chopped
- 1 white onion sliced
- 2 smoked garlic cloves crushed (plain garlic is ok)
- 1 piece of ginger (about thumb size)
- 500ml Chicken/Vegetable stock
- tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt/black pepper
1. add olive oil & garlic to a large pot, when it heats- add the sliced onions and cook until translucent.
2. add the carrots and ginger and mix ingredients with a wooden spoon.
3. Add Chicken stock, salt and pepper, stir again, leave soup to cook for about 40 mins on a medium heat, don’t let it boil.
4. When the carrots are slightly soft, take the pot off the heat and let it cool.
5. When it cools, add the whole mixture to your blender and pulse. When serving garnish with fresh coriander and black pepper.
Thats all (for now) Folks