I definitely had one of those days where I got out of the wrong side of the bed, mainly because I didn’t want to get out of bed, I’m usually quite organised for work but last night I didn’t set anything up so I knew the minute I got out of bed I was entering an endurance battle with myself & my clock, a race against ti… ok, ok that’s a bit of an exaggeration, I made it to work on time, I had lunch made (Carrot & ginger soup) I didn’t eat any chocolate & I only tripped up once! So really it wasn’t a bad day afterall 🙂 🙂
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- teaspoon grated ginger
- 9-10 baby potatoes
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- sea salt
1. Boil potatoes in boiling water for 15-20mins.
2. In a bowl- Add juice of lime, honey, soy sauce, chilli & ginger, mix until evenly combined.
2. In a glass oven dish lay out the pork chops and cover with the marinade, put in the fridge for 20-30mins.
3. Drain potatoes and put them back in the pot, using a potato masher- crush the potatoes slightly, don’t press too hard as you don’t want them to mash & fall apart.
4. In a frying pan, melt some butter & add the rosemary- fry until crispy, drain and add to the potatoes. Add some butter and salt and swirl them around in the pot until the potatoes are evenly coated with butter & rosemary. Put to one side.
5. Remove chops from fridge and in a very hot griddle, fry the chops until they are nicely browned, if you have marinade left in the dish pour over the meat.
6. When plating up the meat, put the potatoes back on the hob for a few seconds, this will brown the skin slightly.
7. Add any extras you wish, I made a simple rocket, almond & olive oil salad.