Yesterday my body felt like it had been hit by a train, every single muscle ached from my wrists right down to my feet, I even encountered a sprained ankle!! Don’t fear, I’m not going to break into a big moan, in fact I couldn’t be happier-These are the war wounds inflicted by my first ever Crossfit Competition at Ronin Crossfit. My team didn’t win this one but the experience itself has left me hungry for more competitions, privileged to train with such great people, delighted I didnt collapse half way through & eager to keep progressing 🙂 🙂
Here is an easy Breakfast Muffin for peeps with demanding lifestyles, excellent Grab & Go brekkie!!
Makes 10 Muffins
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Mixed Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Almond Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- Half Tsp Cinnamon
- Tsp Ground Ginger
- tsp Baking Powder/tsp Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a blender– Blend almond flour & banana first until smooth then add everything else except the egg & blend.
3. When all the ingredients have combined, remove from blender and transfer to a mixing bowl, mix in the egg slowly, whisking all the time until the mixture becomes a dough.
4. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil (use muffin cases if you have some) Distribute your batter between ten cupcake liners, about half way up. Bake for 20 mins.
5. Leave to cool before removing from tins.
Alternatives/Extras: Swap seeds for ground nuts of your choice/ add zest & juice of 1 Orange/ Spread the top with Almond butter.
Photo above by Steven Wall.