What a beautiful weekend, finally the Sun has started to make an appearance in Dublin!! I love the city this time of year, everywhere is buzzing and everyone is extra happy! Yesterday was really sunny (a bit cold but we’ll ignore that it was SUNNY!!) and some friends of ours had a beast of a BBQ, it was so delicious-my tummy is still content!!!!!
I love Summertime sooooooooo much, out goes the soups and stews and in comes the salads, this recipe uses all fresh produce and is bursting at the seams with zesty & spicy flavours. Hope you enjoy 🙂 🙂
- 2 Pork Chops-Sliced
- 1 Butternut Squash-Halved & deseeded
- 1 Red Onion- Sliced
- 1 Red Chili-Finely chopped
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Fresh Ginger-grated
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Small Bunch of Coriander-finely chopped
- 1 Piece Bacon-sliced
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper Cashews-Crushed
- Clove of garlic-Crushed
1. Preheat Oven to 200C, Place the 2 halves of butternut squash on a baking tray, cover in oil and some black pepper and roast for about 15-20 mins until soft.
2. In a bowl combine chili,ginger,soy sauce,lime juice & coriander Mix well & then add the sliced pork chops, mix again until all the meat is covered in the marinade and put in the fridge for 15 mins, in this time you can prepare the veg/bacon etc
3. In a pan/wok add olive oil and crushed garlic, then add the red onion, bacon & pork chops from the fridge.
4. When the squash is ready, let cool slightly- then use a fork to scrape the inside flesh of the squash into thin strands. do this to both pieces of squash and transfer to a bowl.
5. The stir fry should take about 10-15 mins to cook, When ready plate up and sprinkle the cashews on top & a squeeze of lime juice just before serving.