Steak: We used olive oil, sea salt and black pepper to season-Steak was cooked medium to rare.
- Knob Of Butter
- 1/2-1 Garlic Clove
- Some Fresh Rosemary
1. In a bullet blender blend all ingredients until fully combined (This can also be done in a small bowl by hand, fine chop the garlic if you are doing this)
2. Put the butter in a ramekin and place in the fridge to harden.
- 4 Large Onions -Sliced into Thick Rings
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Plain Flour (Almond/Coconut Flour if you want Paleo version)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
1.In one bowl whisk the eggs with paprika & black pepper, In a seperate bowl sieve the flour in and mix in baking powder.
2. Slowly combine the egg into the flour mixing at all times until a smooth batter is formed.
3. In a large pan, add oil to shallow fry (we used olive) heat the oil until it is extremely hot.
4. Dip your onion rings in the batter and lower immediately into the hot oil, fry on both sides until golden & crispy. Place baking sheet with fried onions in oven to keep them warm while continuing to fry onions in batches.
5. The steak should be the last thing you cook as it is cooked very quickly, plate up as soon as it’s done so the garlic butter melts when you serve it. Serve with green salad.
Bon Appetit 🙂 🙂
Steak bought from: Jim Ryan Farmer and Butcher Kells, Co. Meath-Available from Glasnevin Food Market