(Sorry the pic isn’t great, I used my Iphone & lighting in my kitchen is awful!!)
I LOVE Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, like REALLY love! I could eat them until the cows come home but one day I looked at the ingredients- bad move!! Of course they couldn’t just be chocolate & peanut butter, there is also 6 million other ingredients that just can’t be good for you, so I said I would make an alternative! Last week I made these with just almond butter and some honey and it was nice but as reeses use Peanut Butter I had to try!!!
Peanut Butter & Banana= Match made in heaven
- 2 Bars 80% Dark Choc
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Silicon Muffin Cases
1. Put the muffin cups into a Muffin tin and set aside, Boil water and place bowl on top- Break 1 bar of chocolate in and add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil, stir until it has all melted, once melted mix until oil and chocolate are combined.
2. Pour the mix in, covering the bottom of the cases-Put in fridge to set.
3. In your blender add peanut butter, banana, honey & vanilla-Blend until you get a smooth paste.
4. When the chocolate has set, remove from the fridge & spread a thick layer of the mixture on top and use a knife to even out. Melt the other bar of chocolate with more coconut oil and when melted pour on top until the filling in covered. Put in fridge again to set.
Tips: They melt very easily so keep in a fridge until required. Swap Peanut Butter for Almond/Cashew butter if you are strict Paleo.
Be warned you may experience some Monkey-like behaviour after eating these 🙂 🙂