I’ve done the burger with a mushroom bun so here is another alternative: Aubergine/eggplant bun, would also work if you roasted it but I always think chargrilled veg tastes better and goes better with this type of dish as roasting it can make it a bit soggy & thats…… well thats just not pleasant!
- Organic Minced Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Mustard Powder
- Small Bunch Fresh Parsley
- Sea Salt/Black Pepepr
- 1 Large Aubergine
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tub of Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- Sprig of Fresh Rosemary
1. To make the burger-Finely chop the parsley, Add the parsley, mustard powder, paprika & minced beef to a large bowl. Crack in the egg and add a good pinch of salt and pepper.
2. With clean hands (not that I have to tell you!!) scrunch and mix everything up well. Divide into 4-6 patties. Don’t make them too big as they will take longer to cook & the outside may burn. Put on a plate, cover and place in the fridge until needed (this helps them to firm up).
2. Put the Griddle pan on a high heat & while this is heating slice the aubergine into thick slices, sprinkle with salt and a splash of olive oil. When the griddle is hot place the slices on.
3. While these are cooking you can move on to the mushrooms- Slice each mushroom in half, and in your hot pan add a knob of butter and the garlic followed by the mushrooms, add the rosemary & some seasoning-Cook for about 5 mins. Don’t forget to keep turning the aubergine over so both sides are evenly grilled.
4. Remove the burgers from the fridge & cook in the same pan you used the mushrooms, When the burgers are cooked- Simply stack them with the aubergine & use a wooden skewer to hold in place.
Serve with salad & glass of Italian Red- When in Rome….or Pisa even!! Ok Dublin will have to do then 🙂 🙂 🙂