It really was Summer in Dublin yesterday, I can’t explain how much I love the sunshine, it really motivated me to make lots of dishes yesterday, I had all the windows open, back door open, music blaring and just danced around like a happy chef in a caribbean kitchen ha ha
Anyway back to reality- Paleo Fudge….. PALEO FUDGE, Oh good god…these bad boys are dangerous-You may want to double up the recipe because it won’t last long. I’m avoiding the Kitchen today because I know its in the fridge & I really will eat it all!!
I cannot take credit for creating this recipe. But Josie from http://clean-eatz.com obviously knows what she is doing and has made the paleo community a happier, more fulfilled place 🙂 🙂
I TOTALLY recommend making these for a cheat meal or whipping up a batch for a BBQ OR just for everyday gluttony!!
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- ⅔ cup Almond Butter
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup sifted Cocoa Powder/Raw Cacao Powder
- 1½ tsp Peppermint Oil
1. In a bowl add Almond Butter, Coconut Oil and Honey. Mash until all Ingredients are combined- I mixed over hot water so Coconut oil melted.
2. Add Cocoa Powder and stir in until mixed well.
3. Finally add Peppermint and mix again until you have a smooth chocolate paste.
4. Pour mix into your dish- If you have a silicone cake dish use that but I used a small oven dish lined with parchment paper and it worked perfectly. Also make sure the mixture is poured thick rather than thinly.
5. Freeze for 1-3 hours before serving- Serve by cutting into squares.
Tips: Serve from freezer as the fudge melts very quickly.
Alternative Flavours: Add vanilla extract instead of peppermint oil, or Orange Oil/Orange Zest w Cinnamon/ Coffee/Peanut Butter