I did a Fish Cake recipe before but this is a new & improved recipe, there’s so many different flavours but it all works together really well, Cauliflower Rice is such a simple alternative to Rice and will work with any recipe that requires rice with it.
I’m not gonna rant on today so I’ll dive right in with the Recipe, Hope you enjoy
Fish Cakes- Makes 4 patties
- 2 Fillets of Salmon
- 1-2 Large Eggs-Whisked
- Half a Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- Fresh Coriander/1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander
- Grated Ginger (Thumb Size)
- Juice Half a Lime
1 Chilli Chopped
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons Desiccated Coconut
- Bunch of Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Juice Half a Lime
- Coconut oil
1. Start with Fish Cakes-Slice Salmon into small chunks & place in a large bowl, Add egg,onion, coriander,chilli, grated ginger & lime juice-Finally add the coconut flour and keep mixing until all ingredients are evenly combined. I then used a potato masher to really get an even consistency, (this will also make it easier to make the patties)
2. Form the mixture into 4 equally sized patties and coat in the coconut flour again, shape again and then place them in the fridge to set.
3. Now on to your rice- Remove all the leaves, cut the cauliflower in half and then in to florets.
4. Place florets in food processor in batches. Process until evenly chopped but not completely pulverized.
5. When you have made rice with the full cauliflower, In a large pan over a medium heat melt about a tablespoon of coconut oil, add the cauliflower rice, heat for a few seconds, then add the coconut, lime juice, fresh coriander & salt/pepper. Mix and then heat until the appearance becomes slightly translucent. Lower the heat & remove the fish cakes from the fridge.
6. In another pan over a medium heat melt some coconut oil, when the pan is hot enough, cook the fish cakes turning frequently so they are evenly cooked. They should be ready in about 10 minutes. Serve Fish cakes with the rice and some lime to add some extra zest 🙂