Today was definitely a day that called for some Spice!! It well and truly felt like winter when I woke up in total darkness with the rain pouring down outside, it was brighter at 4pm than it was this morning, how is that even possible???
Anyway onto my Recipe, this will certainly warm you up and make you forget about the weather outside (well at least until you have to step out in it)
Hope u enjoy 🙂
- 1 Cup of Coconut Flour-Sieved
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Flaxseed
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup of melted Coconut Oil
- Handful of Dates Chopped (Optional)
- 1/3 Cup Flaked Almonds (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl: Eggs, Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil. In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients:Coconut Flour, Flaxseed, Baking Powder, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cloves and Salt. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
3. Once the mixture is mixed evenly, grease a bread tin with Coconut oil and spread the batter in, bake for about 20 mins, if the top cooks too quickly place some tinfoil over the top so the centre cooks evenly.
4. Let the bread fully cool before cutting or removing from tin.
5. Kettle on- Prepare to have your belly warmed up 🙂
- Add some orange zest for extra yummyness,
- Add any extra nuts of seeds you wish- walnuts or pecans would work well.
- Change Coconut Flour for Almond Flour
- Use Grassfed butter instead of coconut oil