This is another quick and easy recipe that is great for evenings when your tired and don’t want to spend to long cooking, it’s also a great way to get children (or adults) to eat lots of extra veggies as the Ratatouille is packed full of fresh produce.
Lamb is a new one for me and definitely one of my favourite meats, it needs to be marinated well and not overcooked to really get the juices flowing! I picked up these lamb gigot chops in Lidl for less than €5 and there is 3 in the pack, annoying an odd number!!
The total of this meal comes to less than €10 and will serve 3 people and leave you with lunch the next day!!
- Pack of Lamb Chops
- Olive Oil
- Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- Teaspoon Paprika
- Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Large Aubergine- Chopped
- 1 Large Courgette-Chopped
- 1 Red Onion- Chopped into quarters
- 1-2 Peppers Roughly Chopped
- 6 Large Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs-I used Parsley and Thyme-(Basil would work also!)
- 5 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 while you prepare your veg.
2. Place everything except the Tomatoes in a large roasting dish and put in the oven for 10 minutes, while this is cooking slice the tomatoes into quarters and blend them until they turn to liquid.
3. Take the veg out of the oven and pour the tomato mix over, unsure the mix is spread out evenly and add an extra bit of salt and pepper. Put back in the oven for 10 mins.
4. In a bowl combine all the spices and more if you like- you can be creative here! Place the lamb onto a chopping board and splash some oil over and rub in the spice mix-rub into the meat until they have been fully covered, then in a hot pan cook the chops as per instructions on pack, They should be done in 10 mins. Lamb can be served slightly pink inside if you dont like this, cook for a bit longer.
5. Everything should now be ready together and you are ready to serve- I added a dollop of Greek Yogurt to the top!
- Cook some Couscous or Quinoa to bulk up this meal.
- If you don’t like Lamb- swap for Chicken or falafel for veggies
- Save some for lunch (like I did below)
- Use tinned tomatoes instead to cut down on even more costs-use less salt in the case!!