Halloween is my favourite holiday after Christmas! I love getting dressed up, I love the eerie feel that I get on the night and I love watching lots of scary movies. I always think I’m brave watching them until I’m alone in the house and every single light must be switched on! I’m in ninja-mode, jumping around corners every time I hear a sound….Then I get over it, watch another scary movie and it all starts again, I should really think about changing my name to ” Primal Chicken”
Yesterday I dressed up as a “Zombie Lara Croft” for a fun WOD & BBQ we had in our Box-Ronin Crossfit! It was such a great day, everyone put so much effort into their costumes and there was an epic Brazilian BBQ from our friend “Jorge Santos” of http://jorgesantosbjj.com/ who was dishing out lots of meat until the very end! There was so many delicious treats made by all but these were demolished before we ate the food from the BBQ ha ha! We danced like crazy, ate like cavemen and laughed until our faces hurt!
Here is a group pic:
Pic below- Jorge Santos & his epic BBQ.
And then here is one of me with a possible ” Primal Piggy” Impersonator:
-Nope, this would be my friend Niall who looked pretty in pink, don’t you agree 🙂 🙂
For the BBQ I made 2 treats, I will list one today and do the other before Thursday, the treats are great for Halloween parties and they’re not too big so would be suitable for a kids party aswell.
Paleo Carrot Cake Buns with Pumpkin Icing:
Follow my previous recipe for Carrot cake:
I did change it slightly, see changes below:
- 2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs
- Removed Almond Flakes
- Included 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup instead of honey, (but if you have/prefer honey that’s ok to use)
- Carton of Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt (Or sea salt)
- Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Half a Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
1. Allow the Cakes to cool on a wire rack.
2. Place the unopened pack of Coconut cream in the microwave or bowl over hot water until melted, it should only take 1 minute in the microwave.
3. In a large bowl, Using an electric whisk- Combine the coconut cream, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, spices and salt until it it mixed well and the colour is an even orange, place in the fridge for about 5 mins to set slightly, then in a piping bag- spoon the entire mixture & decorate the cakes, add some Halloween decorations to finish.
- Tinned Pumpkin- Fallon & Byrne €2.19
- Halloween Cupcake set- Dealz €1.49
- Coconut Cream Fallon & Byrne €1.25- This is also available in the Asian Markets
A little addition to the cakes if you are serving at a party,
I made mini flags to help those with allergies know what was in them, it can be awkward trying to find the person to made the cakes so this way they could know if they could eat them at a glance 🙂
- All you need is: A printer, Pritt stick and toothpicks!
**** Top three pics taken by the very talented: Steven Wall