I’ve never been the biggest fan of porridge (this could be because of so many disasters trying to get it right) I usually find it quite tasteless and I like colourful things and porridge is just not colourful! Yes you can put exciting toppings on it to give it some jazz but really it’s not a breakfast I look forward to.
As the base of this porridge is Almond Butter, it gives it so much flavour and a lovely nutty, creamy texture. It also takes about 5 mins to make so great for those with a busy lifestyle.
Its easy peasy lemon squeasy 🙂
- 3 Tbs Almond Butter
- 1 Tbs Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 Cup desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Fresh Fruit
- Flaked Almonds
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
2. Transfer to a pot and over a medium heat keep stirring the mix, add some more coconut milk if need. Once the mix is heated (not boiling) its ready, it will look like regular porridge so you will know when its done.
3. The fun part: decorate with any topping you like, I chose fresh strawberries/blueberries and flaked almonds.