These chocolates are a great treat for your Valentine this Friday, they are completely raw, sugar free and dairy free and didn’t you know one of the benefits of raw cacao is it’s an aphrodisiac (wink, wink) it’s a perfect treat to end your special day of love! Cue Barry White music……..
So there aren’t a lot of ingredients required here, but you will need to go to your local health shop for the majority of them.
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Butter (Can be replaced with coconut oil if needed)
- 1 Cup of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut sugar (can be replaced with maple syrup
- Handful of Cacao nibs
- Punnet of Fresh Raspberries
1. In a bowl over hot water add the cacao butter, when it’s nearly melted add the coconut sugar and keep mixing until it’s all melted. Then in a new bowl pour the liquid and add the coconut oil. Add the cacao powder a little at a time and whisk/mix quickly so the powder disappears. Keep adding until you get a chocolatey paste.
2. In a mould add a sprinkle of cacao nibs and a raspberry (See below pic) then pour the chocolate mix in until the raspberries are covered.
3. Place in the freezer for an hour until set.
And “Voila”- there you have some beautiful chocolate hearts with a little surprise in the middle,