Forget about Pancake Tues; I probably eat Pancakes every week, I usually go American style: Bacon & Maple Syrup but on Wednesday I decided I’d love a full on savoury crepe!
So a crepe and a pancake, What is the difference?
With Pancake batter some lumps can go unnoticed and you can roughly pour small amounts into a hot pan, Crepe batter would have to be smooth and more fluid; similar to cream. Crepes would also never be served in a stack or rolled, they are much lighter and thinner than a pancake.
For my filling I went for a very simple but delicious Bacon, Cheese and ballymaloe relish, not strictly paleo but I’m sure you’re aware that I do have dairy a couple of days a week 🙂
Now, Recipe time:
- 200g Plain Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 250ml Milk (or dairy free alternative)
1. Add the flour and eggs to the bowl of a food processor, mix for a couple of seconds to combine.
2. While the processor is mixing, start pouring in the milk slowly. When it
reaches a silky consistency, stop mixing and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a large pan over a high heat add a knob of butter, when the butter foams up, at a height pour the mix in and tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly and thinly.
4. Cook the crepe for around 3-4 minutes until the bottom is light brown, turn and cook the other side. If you are putting cheese in you crepe, put this on while its still in the pan so it melts and add the rest of your ingredients, fold and serve.
Hope you enjoy 😉