I cannot believe I started this blog 1 year ago today. It still feels so new to me and I’m still learning every day. To date, I have posted 89 posts. This will be my 90th! I want to thank each and every person that has visited my site, and given me the inspiration to keep this project running! My goals for 2014 will include a better website so you can find recipes much quicker, continuing to post regularly, and also continue to work with Box Rox, as writing for them has been a huge learning curve and an exciting project! I hope that you will continue to enjoy my work and I am eager to see what the next year brings.
I know you have all been excited about the Triple Chocolate Brownies I posted so to celebrate my 1st Birthday here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter ( I used Wyldsson)
- 2 Cups Dates (Soaked for 1 hour)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 80% Dark Chocolate Bar
- Packet of 70% Dark Chocolate Buttons
1. This is optional but I roasted the almonds to giver more flavour, If you are doing this roast for around 10 mins until golden brown and you get a nutty aroma.
2. In a food processor add the cashews and process until it reaches a flour-like consistency, then add vanilla, almond butter, cacao powder, cacao nibs, roasted almonds and blend again. Finally add the dates a little at a time, blending each time more is added.
3. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and tip the mixture in, using a spatula press down and spread the mix out, keep pressing until even. Put in the fridge to set.
4. Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, then sit a glass bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water. Add the chocolate and coconut oil to the bowl and stir until melted.
5. Remove the brownie base from the fridge and using a spoon pour the chocolate on top, when its covered sprinkle the buttons on top and transfer back to the fridge for about 2 hours to set completely. Cut into squares and enjoy 🙂