Cheesecake has always been one of my favourite desserts; creamy topping, melt in the mouth base, it’s just perfect! It’s also full of everything I try to avoid (sad face) It was my sister and her friend’s birthday recently so I decided to make a raw delight for the Party. Everyone loves Cheesecake right? Well I decided to try out a raw version. I opted for Mango & Lime as these are great summer flavours, and I wanted to add some punch to a raw food dish.
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 3/4 Cups Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs (Optional)
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Cashews soaked for no less than an hour, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Mango peeled and chopped
- Juice Half Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup ( raw honey etc)
- 1 Vanilla Bean, Seeds scraped out
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Butter (substitute with coconut oil if needed)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- Dark/Raw Chocolate flakes
- Zest of Lime
1. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform tin with coconut oil or butter. To make the base; add the almonds and pecans to a food processor, and pulse until it’s close to a flour consistency, then add the remaining ingredients. Press the dough into the bottom of your tin, smooth out and place in the fridge to chill.
2. For the filling; add all the ingredients to your food processor, and blend until you get a very smooth consistency. This will take a few minutes and it’s important that there are no lumps. When it’s ready, pour over the case and using a spatula spread it out evenly. Add the topping and place in the fridge to set before transferring to a freezer for about 2-3 hours to really firm up.
To serve: Remove from the freezer about an hour before serving.
** Cake accessories from Tiger