I’ve never actually bought this type of coffee before (though I’m sure it tastes great!) When I was doing some research and discovered some of the ingredients that are added to this special edition coffee, it’s pretty crazy and unnecessary!
It may seem odd to add pumpkin puree to a coffee but once blended it make a really creamy latte, just don’t over do the puree as the taste can be overpowering! Together with the spices and extra coconut cream, it makes a super comforting winter drink.
**I made the latte and then some extra coconut cream for the top, but the cream can be left out.
Pumpkin spiced latte
- 2 cups good quality coffee
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (tinned)
- 1 vanilla pod (Vanilla extract can be used also)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
*Leave a tin of coconut milk in a fridge overnight, open from the bottom and pour out the excess water, keep the cream.
- 1 cup coconut milk (see above)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Combine all ingredients for the pumpkin spiced latte in a pot over a low heat until smooth.
2. Add the mixture to a blender and blend on high for about 20-30 seconds until super frothy.
3. To make the cream combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine, place in a fridge for a few minutes to thicken.
4. Pour the liquid into big mugs and top/pipe with the cream and enjoy.