If I was served this as a child I probably would have eaten oats every morning! I mean, who wouldn’t like a cake that can be called breakfast!! It’s literally like a hug in the morning, perfect autumn comfort food. Using all natural ingredients it’s a breakfast option you don’t have to feel guilty about!
I topped mine with Greek yogurt but for a dairy free alternative use “coconut cream” Recipe can be found on my previous post: https://primalpiggy.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/pumpkin-spiced-latte-dairy-free/
– 1 1/2 cups of certified gluten free oats
– 1 cup almond milk
– 2 egg whites
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 tbs pumpkin purée
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp mixed spice
– 1/2 tsp ground ginger
– pinch of salt
– 4-5 dried figs chopped
– 1/3 cup of mixed seeds
– 1 cup of Greek yogurt
– 1tsp pure vanilla extract
– 2 tbs maple syrup
– 3 dried figs chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 and lightly grease your baking dish with butter or coconut oil. My tin is about 6 inches.
2. In a large bowl combine the oats, spices and salt. In a blender combine the almond milk, egg whites, honey and pumpkin- blend for 15 seconds until smooth. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and stir until evenly combined. Stir in the figs and seeds.
3. Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth out with a spoon, bake for 25-30 mins.
4. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 mins and serve with yogurt. It can even be cut up into slices/squares and stored in the fridge for breakfast on the go.
For vegans: Leave out eggs, add a 1/2 tsp baking powder and use maple syrup instead of honey. Use the coconut cream as stated above.
Nut allergy: Use coconut milk and leave out the seeds, maybe add some raisins and dried cranberries for extra flavour.