So I made that word up lol, it’s short for Cacao & Caramel and this is a recipe I am really proud of as not only do the treats looks super pretty but they are also delicious! Since I’ve made these treats (2 batches) I have not bought any other raw/protein treats. I was eating a Quest Bar everyday (Those things are seriously addictive!!) and even if I bought in bulk they’re an expensive habit, along with coffees the cost really adds up. I’m so cost conscious these days as we are in saving mode (Snore) but it has to be done and with that in mind I will bring you more cost effective meals in the future-Two Words: Slow Cooker! But we’ll come back to that another time. Back to this recipe they’re perfect if you’re experiencing the 3pm slump, need a protein hit after training or just want a little treat with your tea/coffee. They can be made up in minutes, so easy to pop into your food prep on a Sunday.
Makes 14 Balls.
- 1 cup cashews
- 15 small dates (10 large)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao/cocoa
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 scoop protein of your choice (hemp, whey etc)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1tbs honey/maple syrup
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbs water
Toppings: Coconut/sesame seeds/raw cacao
1. Blend cashew and dates until combined, allow cashews to stay chunky.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until formed.
3. Roll the mixture into balls and then in the topping of your choice.
4. Place in the fridge to set for a least one hour.
-I made another batch today with 1 cup of almond flour (instead of cashews) and 2 tbs of almond butter and they worked out just as good.
-Dip in melted chocolate for the ultimate clean cheat-roll the balls slightly smaller if you are doing this.