This idea for this recipe was inspired by one of my favourite snacks: the new Cacao Mint Bounce Balls! Whenever I see mint anything I must have it, so I was excited to make these and transcend into minty heaven! I also adore cacao nibs; I remember the first time I tried them I found them so bitter, but I’ve acquired the taste of them now. I love the texture, creamy like macadamia nuts and the nibs are so useful and can be added to lots of different things; trail mix, flapjacks, smoothies, brownies or in this case a wonderful topping for the energy balls.
I’m constantly whipping up new batches of the energy balls as they are so easy to make and can be altered slightly so you constantly have different flavours. I love to have one with a coffee or post training.
Lets get to it then!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbs almond flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Primal Power from Love Life Supplements)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (extra for topping)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 10 dates
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 1/4 tsp organic peppermint oil
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 3 tbs water
- Add the cashews and dates to your food processor and blend until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined, pinching the mixture to ensure it sticks.
- Roll the mixture into balls or form into squares and press some cacao nibs on top to stick.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least one hour, and keep stored in the fridge.
Hope you enjoy xx