When I learned that you can make ice-cream with frozen bananas, I have been messing around with different flavours. I decided on this flavour after making some homemade hazelnut butter. If you just want a simple combination, the frozen bananas and hazelnut butter will work just as well, just add 1-2 tbs of maple syrup.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbs hazelnut butter
- 1 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs cocoa nibs
- Scoop vanilla protein of your choice (Optional)
- Handful crushed hazelnuts
- 1-2 tbs almond milk (optional, depending on consistency)
1. Add the bananas and hazelnut butter to your food processor, blend for a couple of seconds. While it’s running add the cacao powder, maple syrup, protein and almond milk. Blend until it reaches an ice-cream consistency.
2. Mix in the cacao nibs and crushed hazelnuts using a spoon. Sprinkle a few extras on top and serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy 🙂