I finally finished work for a few days and I’m spending Christmas in Brighton this year. Mr. PP’s parents live there so we made the trip over Tuesday morning, at the crack of dawn. I’m not the best morning person so I apologise to anyone who was greeted by my cranky face in the airport, I’m sure it was a beautiful sight!
Looking back 2014 was a great year for me, I competed in 2 Crossfit competitions. My weightlifting has come on leaps and bounds, I’m super excited to compete in the new year. I started my internship with the Health Bloggers Community and Primal Piggy is continuing to grow, I thank you all for that! Thanks everyone for all the support, without you I would just be ranting away to myself!
There were also some lows, like my lovely Na-Na passing away, I will miss her massively but I know she would be proud of my achievements this year and I will continue to make her proud in the New Year. My Na-Na was a great teacher, she taught me how to sing, how to make tea, how to tie my shoe laces but the biggest lesson was “Always believe in yourself” and this I will use as my motto for 2015, anything is possible if you believe in yourself.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 heaped tbs raw cacao
- 1/2 cup dates-finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Juice & zest of 1orange (save some zest for decoration at the end)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 85% dark choc bar
1. Preheat Oven to 180
2. In your food processor mix dry ingredients first and in a second bowl mix the wet ingredients, while the food processor is running, pour in the wet ingredients. You should get a delicious looking chocolaty mix.
3. In a small glass dish, place a sheet of parchment paper roughly the same size, then spoon the mix into the dish. Bake for 15- 20 minutes (depending on size)
4. When its ready remove from the dish and place on a rack to cool.
5. Once cooled, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water, when its completely melted, use a teaspoon and decorate the top, sprinkle the remaining zest on top.
6.Place in the fridge for 30-40 mins or until the chocolate has set.
Happy Christmas xx