Paula’s Scotch Eggs
These handy little protein bombs are a great clean snack or good as a side for any meal. They’re really filling, cheap, and easy-peasy to make. I’ve included the herbs that I normally use, but add any fresh or dried herbs depending on your own taste. Enjoy!
- 5 large eggs
- 400g pork mince
- 5 back rashers (unsmoked)
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- Plenty of salt and black pepper
**The amount of herbs added is approximate here, I just throw it in!
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Hard boil your eggs. I usually add the eggs to a pan, pour boiling water over them, bring to the boil again and allow to simmer for a few minutes, allow to cool before peeling (cold water speeds up the process).
- Combine the mince and all the herbs – use a fork to mash the mince so it’s easier to handle.
- Take a ball of mince in the palm of your hand and flatten it out, add the egg and wrap the mince around, until the egg is completely covered.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the egg and place on a baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 40 mins or until the bacon looks crispy.
- Allow to cool, cut open and enjoy!
Tip: depending how much mince you use for each one, you could do this with more or less eggs.
Note from Primalpiggy: I have tasted these Gems and they’re so delicious, it’s a great recipe from Paula and you have to be quick when they’re brought to the gym as they last about 10 seconds 🙂