This is a really simple recipe for oats and will warm the belly on an icy morning. I came up with the idea as I am off sugar and needed to jazz up my oats without using honey or maple syrup. Another idea for this recipe would be to bake the oats as this flavour combination would be delicious baked!
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 green apple peeled and chopped
- 200ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- some frozen berries for topping
1. In a pot over a medium heat; add the apple and a cup of water. Cook for about 10 minutes until the apple softens and using a fork, mash it up.
2. In a second (larger) pot add the oats, spices and almond milk (Give it a stir) and add in the apple mix. Cook over a medium heat until the oats are ready.
3. Transfer to a bowl and cover with your favourite toppings.