Sometimes in life it’s just too cold to drink a smoothie or a protein shake! Well, if you’re in Ireland anyway! The last few weeks have been insane and anyone that knows me, will know how much I dislike the freezing weather! I’m always joking with my mam, that I was definitely born in the wrong climate and I should be living somewhere hot!! But when these wishes can’t be granted the next best thing is a big mug of hot chocolate!
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 200ml almond milk
- 2 tbs raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla/plain protein
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a pot over a medium heat add the coconut cream, almond milk, cacao, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Mix well to combine and when it starts to foam, remove from the heat.
2. Allow to cool slightly and transfer to a blender, add the scoop of protein and blend for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
- Add 1tsp maple syrup if you wish to sweeten.
- Add 1-2 squares of dark chocolate to the pot for that extra YUM factor.