I’m obsessed with turmeric at the moment. I’ve been adding it to as many recipes as possible and also making turmeric tea. This has comes after reading many articles about this super-spice and learning of the benefits. The list is endless really- turmeric is most commonly known to relieve many day to day aches and pain, but what else can it be used for?
Let’s look at 10 health benefits of turmeric.
- It’s a natural liver detoxifier.
- Can help reduce cholesterol.
- May help to treat psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Natural Anti-inflamatory
- It boosts your immune system.
- Helps to ease arthritis .
- Anti-aging properties.
- Has been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
- A natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, therefore can be used as an effective disinfectant.
- May speed up metabolism and aid weightloss
So there are some of the many reasons to include turmeric in your diet – pretty amazing right?
Now onto my recipe, it’s super easy!
- 1/2 large sweet potato grated
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
1. In a glass jug/bowl add all of the ingredients except the sweet potato. Mix well so that you have an even paste, then mix in the sweet potato and leave aside for about 2 mins to let it soak.
2. Add some coconut oil to a pan over a high heat, and add a good tablespoon of the mixture to your heated pan. Press down with a spatula to flatten. Cook on both side until crisp and serve immediately (wth bacon, of course!)
Happy weekend xxx