With the freezing cold weather upon us it seems everyone has been hit with the dreaded flu! Soups and stews are the only remedy to being nursed back to health, and this recipe from the Medicinal Chef is one of the best out there! This one-pot wonder filled with immune-boosting ingredients is an absolute powerhouse when it comes to dealing with colds and flu. (My head is a lot clearer after just one bowl!)
(I adapted the Recipe slightly by adding chicken stock and turmeric)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced, skins left on
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
- thumb sized piece fresh ginger skinned and chopped
- 1 punnet shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls goji berries
- chicken stock, to cover-Use veg stock for vegan/veggie diets
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Put the onion, chilli, garlic and ginger in a large pan with the olive oil. Cook over medium-high heat until the onion softens.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms to the pan along with the goji berries, Give it a good stir then add enough chicken stock to cover all the ingredients. Stir in the turmeric and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully add the soup to a blender in batches and blend into a smooth soup.
Hope you enjoy!
Check out The Medicinal Chef for some great recipes!