Did you know if you put shredded coconut in a food processor and let it run for about 5-6 mins it turns into a coconut butter? You don’t need to add anything else! This is another one of the reasons why I love making raw treats, it always fascinates me that you can make such yummy things with natural ingredients!
The base of this dessert actually tastes very similar to white chocolate, so it’s works amazing with the goji berries! You may also like the recipe for my Raw Bounty Bites, which uses a similar method.
- 3 cups dried dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup sun-dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- good pinch of himalayan salt
- 8 squares 85% dark chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp Cnonna chocolate almond butter (or any almond butter)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. In a food processor, add all the coconut. Process for about five minutes, scrap down the sides and run for a further 2 minutes. It should be a little oily and stick together easily.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (except GOJI berries) Process again for another 5 minutes until it’s mixed well, it should look a little crumbly. Mix in the goji berries with a spoon.
3. Line a glass dish with baking paper, smooth out with a spatula or your hands. Press down a couple of times so it’s firm and even. Place in the freezer to set.
4. In a bowl over hot water add the chocolate and coconut oil, allow to melt and mix in the almond butter. When the base is a little hard, pour the fudge mix over, sprinkle with some shredded coconut and place in the freezer to set again.
5. Leave for at least an hour and cut into squares when ready.
**Must be stored in the fridge/freezer.