You wake up on a Sunday morning and you want to eat something delicious but you also want your coffee ASAP. (Prime example of #FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS!!!!) But I am here to save you, this easy-peasy brunch dish can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes.
The great thing about a “hash” is you can change it up anyway you want, add some baby potatoes, grated sweet potato, spinach or replace the pancetta with bacon or chorizo to name a few.
I’ve made this dish many times with sweet potato and chorizo and it’s ridiculous yummy. I posted that recipe on Boxrox, you can find the recipe right here. That recipe is a little bit time consuming so I figured I’d try a quicker version using kale and it worked out perfectly.
- Roughly 100g (2 good handfuls) kale washed and chopped
- 65g pancetta cubes
- 10 Piccolo Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 medium organic eggs
- small bunch fresh coriander chopped
- salt and black pepper
- In a non-stick pan over a medium heat cook the pancetta, this is quite a fatty meat so no oil is required. When it nice and crispy, transfer to a small bowl.
- In the same pan add the kale, you can include a small bit of coconut oil here if needed (no more than a tsp) and fry for a couple of minutes, now add the tomatoes, pancetta, half of the coriander and some seasoning- cook for a about 2 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and break in two eggs and place under the grill until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the coriander and some black pepper and serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy xx