This is the stuff of the natural gods!! I dare you to make this recipe and not eat it all with a spoon straight away lol! The best thing; All the ingredients are natural and the only sweetness comes from the dates. I have a very delicious recipe coming soon using this ingredient but why not make a batch and enjoy it on brownies, oats, greek yogurt-the list is endless really! I like to keep a jar in my fridge for those weak moments, a few spoonfuls and you’ve zapped that sweet craving!
Medjool dates are key here are they are so caramel like anyway-I like to call them “Natures Toffees“(Foodie geek alert) But if you have the dried kind kind in your pantry they will work too; just be sure to soak then for an hour beforehand.
- 8-10 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- pinch of sea salt (Optional)
1. Add all the ingredients (except the water) to your food processor and blend for about 20 seconds.
2. Scrape down the sides and switch on again, start pouring the water in slowly. Let it run for a further 1-2 minutes or until the consistency gets smooth and caramel like.
3. Spoon into an airtight container, I recycle most of my jars and would use one of these.
* Add almond milk instead of water for a creamier texture.
* Blend up with some frozen banana for a toffee ice-cream.
* Blend with almond butter for a paleo version.