Wyldsson are one of my favourite brands out there, so I was delighted when they contacted me to try out some of their products in my recipes. I’ve use their stuff on a regular basis for quite a while now, especially their Pro-Mix which is the perfect snack on the move. The Pro-Mix comes in these handy little tubes that can be brought anywhere – I carry mine around everywhere for a quick healthy snack!
These ooey-gooey Blondies are made using the delicious Wyldsson Nut & Seed Butter. This butter is unique to the brand and contains a mixture of loads of goodies; roasted almond butter, roasted hazelnut butter, roasted almonds, cashew butter, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, milled flaxseed and chia seeds. It’s packed with natural protein and good fats, oh and it tastes fantastic! It was a bit of a risk trying this type of butter in the recipe as it calls for a large amount and I didn’t want it to go to waste, but it worked out great and gave a very unique flavour in addition to a slightly crunchy texture.
- 1 and a 1/2 cups Wyldsson Nut & Seed Butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
Sticky toffee topping
- 5-6 medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- In a food processor add the nut butter and mix for about 20 seconds until smooth.
- Mix in the maple syrup, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in the baking soda and salt.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the food processor until the mixture is evenly combined; it should look like cake batter.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 180 oC for 15-20 minutes or or until golden brown on top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- To make the topping: add the dates and almond milk to a food processor and mix until it reaches a caramel-like consistency, if it’s too sticky add more milk or water.
- Spread over the top of the cake and sprinkle on some Wyldsson ProMix.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!