Yes I know “perfect” is a strong word but these pancakes had Mr P.P dancing around the house with happiness (pancakes have that effect, don’t they?) he even went as far as telling me that they are the best pancakes he has eaten to date! Now he has eaten his fair share of pancakes so this was great news to me!
I use the Primal Protein from Love Life Supplements and I love it, it blends really well and it’s only sweetened with stevia so there are no extra sugars added. As there are MCT’s added, it has enough fat to keep you full and energised and it’s low-carb to prevent fat storage.
The flour I used was doves farm plain gluten free flour, now this would have a higher carb content over the likes of oats, however it works really well for pancakes and can be purchased in any supermarket.
So, let’s get down to business…
Serves 4 (3 pancakes each)
- 150g plain Doves Farm flour
- 1 scoop whey protein (I used Vanilla)
- 3 medium organic eggs
- 200-240ml oat milk (or any milk)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. In a food processor, add the flour, protein and baking powder and pulse for a couple of seconds to combine.
2. In a jug add the eggs and oat milk and give it a good whisk. Turn on the food processor (To add-I have a whisk attachment which I use for this, a handheld whisk would work also) and start pouring in the wet mixture. When it reaches a creamy and smooth consistency (no lumps) pour it back into the jug and leave to rest for 20 minutes- Stir again before using.(This is a good time to prepare all your toppings.)
3. Place a pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with a bit of oil/butter. Once pan is hot, add a large spoonful of the pancake mixture to the pan, about 3-5 inches wide. Let the pancakes cook for 25-30 seconds before flipping and letting the other side cook for the same amount of time.
4. Now it’s the fun part-creating that stack! There are no rules here just have fun and add in all the things you love! In my version, I had one layer of strawberries and Greek yogurt. The next was blueberries and Greek yogurt. Then topped with more strawberries/Greek yogurt/dark chocolate chips/ almond butter and maple syrup.
Macros/calorie content for the 3 Pancakes (This does not include the toppings)
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 8 g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 23 mg||1 %|
|Potassium 0 mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31 g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 12 g||23 %|
|Vitamin A||12 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|