How on earth is it June already? Kind of hard to believe when the weather is stuck back in January somewhere! I’m competing at the Waterford Throwdown in 15 days (oh boy!) It’s crazy when you sign up for these things as you think they’re a lifetime away, and all of a sudden you are standing out on the grounds waiting for that clock to hit 3,2,1! Training has been going well, good days and bad days – last week was a bad week! I’ve just felt a bit run down and tired, so I took a few days rest over the Bank Holiday weekend which really helped! I’m excited to see how far I’ve come from last year, that was my first competition and I was a bit like a headless chicken! I’ve definitely seen some progress since then so I’m just going to enjoy the day and have fun with it.
Let’s move onto to this delicious recipe; A lovely treat and the ice-cream is made using only 2 ingredients, yep 2!! So it can be whipped up whenever you get those sweet cravings. It’s my go to treat in the evening when I really want to dive into a tub of Ben & Jerry’s! In the raw foodie world, it’s called “Nice-Cream” and the flavour combo is never ending; add some almond butter, cacao powder, mint or strawberry. I prep bananas every week, as I add them to smoothies also – just peel some ripe bananas and chop into coins. Store in a freezer until needed.
- 1-2 Frozen banana
- 2 tsp lemon honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup 70% dark choc chips (available in H&B)
- 1/4 cup grassfed butter
- 1/4 cup honey/maple
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Combine almond flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a food processor. Mix in the butter, sweetener and vanilla until a dough forms.
- Add mixture to a bowl or remove blade and mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop dough one tablespoon at a time onto a parchment lined baking sheet,Press balls of dough down gently using hands.
- Bake on 180 degrees for about 10 minutes. Let cool before serving as the cookies need to set.
- Serve with ice-cream or make an ice-cream sandwich!
Macros per Cookie
- 149 Calories
- Carbs: 7 Grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Hope you enjoy 🙂
If you like this recipe, check out my previous recipe for Paleo Chocolate chip cookies!