I’m sure beautiful bowls of Oats, Zoats (that’s zucchini oats) Proats (protein oats) and many more variations have been filing up your Instagram feed, well that’s because we’ve found ways to enjoy this superfood and fuel our bodies for a busy day or heavy training session!
I received the (Cacao) Matcha Latte Mix from Nua Naturals (use the code Piggy15 for a 15% discount on their website) a while back and it’s a great product that can be made as a hot drink or added to smoothies, shakes or any baking recipe- This morning I decided to add some to my Proats and was delighted with how it turned out!
- 1/2 cup oats (I generally use Kelkin gluten free or organic wafer oats from Lidl)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (I use the Primal Whey from Love Life Supplements)
- 200-250ml water -You can use milk but I omit because of the whey.
- 1 tsp matcha latte mix
This is the creative part, there are no rules! Use nut butters, berries or what you you have in your fridge or press! I change it up all the time, on the occasion I used some jam, dark chocolate chips, bee pollen and berries.
- Add the oats, matcha and protein to a small pot, mix to combine.
- Add half of the water in and mix well, simmer over a low heat-when it starts to cook add in more water and keep stirring to keep the mixture smooth. If it becomes too thick you can add a little more water in, try get it as silky as possible.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the oats in to a bowl and decorate.
- I sometimes add egg whites to my oats to give it a creamier consistency-it also bumps up the protein content!