Our ears always perk up when we hear the word “pancakes” and this autumnal version is a great alternative to your regular pancakes! For the recipe I used tinned pureed pumpkin but you can use fresh pumpkin; just roast/steam it and blend.
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Coconut Oil melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- pinch of Salt
1. Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and pure maple syrup together. Then mix in the the spices, and baking powder.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium heat. Then, mix the butter into the batter.
3. Grease the frying pan with some butter/coconut oil and pour the batter in to make pancakes of your desired size ( I wouldn’t recommend making them too big, traditional American size are perfect as they’re easier to flip)
4. Serve with Bacon, maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can enjoy them with berries and greek yogurt too!
If you like this recipe you make like my Pumpkin Spiced Latte recipe.
The canned pumpkin is available in Fallon & Byrne, Dublin 2.