It can also be called Christmas Bark as I added in some festive spices! I love this recipe as it’s super easy to make and also makes a lovely homemade present for someone!
You can mess around with lots of toppings: macadamia, ginger pieces, crushed candy whatever suits your mood that day!
- 200g 75%-85 dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/3 cup pistachios crushed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberry
- 1 tbsp dark choc chips
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Combine all 200g of the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and melt gently over a pot of simmering water, as it starts to melt down; stir in the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- When the chocolate is melted take of the heat, mix in the spices and about 2 tbsp of your toppings into the mix (nuts and fruit only).
- Line a square or rectangle baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the paper and using a spatula, spread the mixture out evenly (not too thin).
- Sprinkle the nuts, fruit and chic chips over the chocolate. (I had some left over, so just use enough to cover)
- Place in the fridge until it sets. Break the bark into large pieces, they don’t have to be even-that’s part of the fun!
If you looking for some more homemade gift ideas, try these recipes too: