This is a super easy bar that is packed with protein, good carbs and no refined sugar! Prep a batch on a Sunday and you’ll have the perfect pre/post workout snack with you at all times! Say goodbye to “hanger” moments forever….
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1-2 scoops of protein
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a food processor add in all of the wet ingredients, and mix until you get an even consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients except the seeds and chocolate chips, and add into the wet mixture. Process again until it’s all mixed well but still with lots of texture
- Stir in the seeds and chocolate chips in by hand.
- Turn out onto a parchment lined baking dish. Press and flatten with a spatula until even.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container -these bars can also be frozen (but they won’t last that long!)