As a brand ambassador for the guys at LLSupplements I get to try the new products as they come in. It’s great to be involved in the whole process, even before some of the products hit the market! They just launched the greens and reds as the new year started-great timing as the winter season lingers, we all need a vitamin boost, I do anyway! With a busy lifestyle it can be hard to get your RDA of nutrients in, so that is the purpose of supplements like this. Read on to hear my views of the LLSupplements greens and reds!
At Love Life Supplements we always recommend a daily diet filled with a variety of awesome nutrient dense vegetables like greens and berries, and fibrous fruit and veg is certainly part of our daily routines. But we all know that daily life and training can take its toll on the body, and you sometimes need that extra ‘insurance’ through supplementation.
What are greens?
Primal Greens is a carefully blended, high quality combination of the most nutrient dense green “Superfoods” available. It’s basically an easy and quick way to get all your green veggies in, it’s blended with the likes of spirulina for an extra boost of vitamins.
What’s actually in it?
Primal Greens contains 15 types of greens, including:
- Kale – Contains powerful antioxidants.
- Spirulina – Has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Spinach – An excellent source of vitamins and iron.
- Broccoli – Contains high levels of compounds called glucosinolates with many health benefits.
- Organic Barley Grass – Can strengthen immune system, cleanse and detox the body.
- Wheatgrass – High in minerals.
- Organic Alfalfa – Can relive cholesterol, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes.
- Watermelon Powder – High in vitamins.
- Chlorella – Proactive in detoxing heavy metals and toxins
- Acerola – High in vitamin C
- Artichoke – Strengthens the immune system
- Ginger Root – Good for digestion.
- Avocado – High in omega-3 fatty acids
- Matcha Green Tea – Good antioxident
- Grape Seed – May help with high cholesterol.
I struggle to take things like wheatgrass or spirulina. I know, I should just stop being a baby and get on with it! When I made up the greens: just 1 scoop of powder and water, the dark green colour had me a little worried. The mixture mixed easily, if you have a little whisk I would recommend using it as a spoon didn’t combine the mixture that well. On to the taste test and I was so surprised by how great it tasted, it has a mango flavour but it’s not a sickly or over sweet taste, just pleasant! It definitely makes it easier to drink first thing in the morning!
What are reds?
I actually hadn’t heard of reds before this so I was extra intrigued about trying them. As you can probably guess it’s made up of antioxidant packed red fruits and veggies. Primal Reds is a carefully blended, high quality combination of the most nutrient dense Red “Superfruits” available.
What’s actually in it?
Primal Reds contains 13 nutritious red ingredients, including:
- Cranberry -Packed with antioxidants
- Montmorency Cherry – May help to reduce the effects of gout.
- Goji Berry – Boosts the immune system
- Raspberry – High in Vitamin C
- Acai – High in antioxidants and fiber
- Boabab – Rich source of Vitamin C
- Blueberry – Great source of fiber and potassium
- Guava – Great for the skin.
- Papaya – Contains nutrients such as carotenes and vitamin C
- Strawberry – High in potassium and magnesium.
- Bilberry – Good for inflammation.
- Purple Carrot – Rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene.
- Hytolive – A 100% natural solvent-free water extract of olive fruits.
I love red, reds are my fave… No seriously this product tastes so good, like a berry fruit juice! I find myself reaching for the reds over the greens now! I would say for overall health the greens are more beneficial and I would probably choose it for that reason. BUT the reds are jam packed with so many essential nutrients too and the taste for me is 100%. It’s good to note that both products are sugar free and only sweetened with stevia. I have tried greens in the past but they usually have lot’s of Soy added so I was happy to see this was not a listed ingredient. I know the guys at Love Life Supplements haven worked endlessly to create products that were as natural as possible and they have definitely succeeded in my opinion!
If you want to order, use the code: PrimalpiggyLLS10 for a 10% discount!