Just incase you didn’t have enough turkey at Christmas, here I am with a super easy and incredibly delicious slow cooker recipe! I had this 1kg slab of turkey breast and I wasn’t really sure what to do with it, I didn’t want it to go dry in the oven!
Eureka!! The slow cooker, the amazing kitchen tool that I always forget about! I’ve been using it a lot more this month, they are wonderful for low budget meals (perfect for January)!
This particular recipe is really simple, but you can add extra veg in or mess around with the spice blend for different flavours! I have also added in a brunch/lunch type recipe using the turkey.
- 1kg pure turkey breast
- 1 bottle tomato passata
- 1 pot Knorr chicken Stock Pot (28g Pot-no water)
- 2 gloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp chipotle powder or chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Place the turkey in the slow cooker.
- Pour the passata in and add add the spices and chicken stock (remember no water)
- Stir it all up or you can use your hands to mix in the spices.
- Turn the slow cooker on low.
- Cook for 8-10 hours. (I cooked mine from 9pm until 7am.)
Slow cooked turkey, smashed avocado and vine tomato/coriander dressing with a super clean wrap!
- 2 tbsp slow cooked turkey
- half an avocado
- 6 ripe vine tomatos chopped
- bunch of coriander chopped
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2-1 tbsp almond flour
- Scoop the avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork, squeeze in a bit of lemon or lime just and season, you can add chilli flakes for a little kick.
- Add the tomato and coriander to a bowl with the olive oil and season.
- To make the wrap, whisk the egg, flours and seasoning in a bowl.
- Melt oil or good quality butter (I used coconut oil) in a pan over a medium heat.
- Pour in the egg mix and cook on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate and top with the turkey, smashed avocado and dressing.
Hope you enjoy!